Sunday, October 07, 2007

They're Back!!!

Hello Foodies,

Who? Dinosaurs! Here's a thought - maybe dinosaurs never became extinct, they've just been hanging out at 131st Street at DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE! eating barbeque. And who can blame them - it's finger-licking-good eating. I have no idea why it's called
DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE! Portion-size? Size of the ribs? Or maybe it's the Dinosaur Good Eatin' Prayer - Get down on your knees, and put up your paws, thank the good Lord for the use of your jaws.

We were joined by our good friends who were good enough to introduce us to Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Pam and Eric --
and many dino-thanks to them!

My favorites were the chicken wings (medium heat) - spice rubbed, pit smoked, then finished on the grill - and the fried green tomoatoes - crispy fried, sprinkled with Pecorino Romano cheese and served with cayenne buttermilk ranch dressing. The meal started there and could have ended there for me and it's all I want to eat since then.

I loved the pulled pork - excellent! The brisket was also a table fave. I thought the ribs were just OK but maybe by the time I reached those and the BBQ chicken - I was already on the full-side. Hot sauces can be seen above. The beer menu gives you plenty to choose from - it's dino-big too.

The location is up in Harlem right by the big Fairway.
646 W 131st St.
on the corner of 131st St and 12th Ave.
New York, NY 10027
212-69

Enjoy,

the Forks




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...I'm still dreaming about those wings! So nice to see you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Who I am to say Bronto Burgers don't exist. Yes true believers, it was a night to add to my hall of fame eateries. I, like most African American, "love me some rib" and I was not dissappointed. I have to say, dining with the Forks Troupes was very entertaining and "filling" and would recommend their insights into the culnary world as my guide. Thanks for the company Forks, we enjoyed it.
Eric

Anonymous said...

mark and i just ate there a few weeks ago too, for the first time. Portions were ridiculous! But tasty.